Thursday, February 11, 2010

Week 3

So I am doing my own learn to run program, based on the couch to 5k and Running room programs. In week 3 I run 90 seconds and walk 1 minute with a 5 min warm up and cool down. I have to admit I was really nervous because I didn't really think I would be able to run any longer than 1 min. Yesterday was my first run of week 3, and although I had to lower the speed to 4.5 mph, I was able to run 90 seconds/walk 1 min 6 times!! I used to be worried what others would think about my speed and if I should even say that I am running, but now I don't care! I am over 300lbs and I am running!!
Tomorrow is a scheduled run day, and I think I am getting a cold, but I am still going to try my best to run. If it is too much I will walk, but at least I'll try.

The eats went well today, I had a kids pot luck at playgroup, but I didn't eat anything because tomorrow is weigh in. I skipped lunch in favor of a nap when Arianna went down because I had a massive headache, and I didn't drink enough water today, but tomorrow is a new day.

I am working on getting organized with meal planning and clean eating, but that is a work in progress.

I think it is time to chill on the couch with some water and a big juicy orange for vitamin C. Blah I hope I am not getting sick!!

No comments: